User Tools

Site Tools


oosting_gymnasium

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revisionPrevious revision
Next revision
Previous revision
oosting_gymnasium [2023/01/09 14:34] – [Sources] jliszkaoosting_gymnasium [2025/01/21 17:48] (current) – [Sources] bant05
Line 1: Line 1:
 {{tag>places athletics}} {{tag>places athletics}}
 ====== Oosting Gymnasium ====== ====== Oosting Gymnasium ======
 +[{{ :oosting_gymnasium.jpg?400|Oosting gymnasium. Photo credit: Trinity College Athletics}}]
 +Oosting Gymnasium, named in honor of former varsity basketball and track coach and later Trinity's Director of Physical Education, Raymond Oosting, opened as part of the new [[ferris_athletic_center|Ferris Athletic Center]] on October 11, 1969. A new gymnasium for the college was needed after the existing gymnasium in [[alumni_hall|Alumni Hall]] was lost to a fire on June 27, 1967. The gymnasium contained three indoor tennis courts, basketball courts for freshmen and varsity basketball as well as 2,300 retractable bleacher seats and space for an additional 1,000 floor seats. 
  
-Oosting Gymnasium, named in honor Raymond Oosting (more info) opened as part of the new Ferris Athletic Center on October 11, 1969+Oosting Gymnasium, with seating for up to 2,200, is currently the home of the Stan Ogrodnik Court, and the home of Trinity [[athletics|basketball, volleyball, and wrestling]] teams. It hosted the men's NCAA Division III basketball regional playoffs in 1995 and 2014 and the New England Wrestling Association Championships in 2010-11. The gymnasium also hosts the annual Trinity College Firefighting Robot Contestwhich attracts competitors from around the world.
  
-The gymnasium contained three indoor tennis courts, basketball courts for freshmen and varsity basketball as well as 2,300 retractable bleacher seats and space for an additional 1,000 floor seats.  
-  
- 
-Link: https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1027&context=reporter  
- 
-Started by Jeff Liszka 12/14/22 
  
  
Line 16: Line 12:
 ===== Sources ===== ===== Sources =====
  
-[[https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1027&context=reporter|Trinity College Alumni Magazine]] (Fall 1969), pp. 10-13.+[[https://bantamsports.com/sports/2020/5/28/Information-Facilities-Oosting-Gymnasium.aspx?id=737|Trinity College Athletics: Ray Oosting Gymnasium]] 
 + 
 +[[https://www.jstor.org/stable/community.30338935|Trinity Tripod]], 04/10/2018.
  
-[[http://example.com|Title of Website]].+[[https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/w_books/2/|Trinity College in the Twentieth Century]] (2000) by Peter and Anne Knapp, p. 77
  
-[[http://example.com|Trinity Tripod]], MM/DD/YYYY.+[[https://www.jstor.org/stable/community.31571870|Trinity College Alumni Magazine]] (Fall 1969)pp. 10-13.
  
-*Put sources in order of date (most recent first)+[[https://www.jstor.org/stable/community.31571893|Trinity College Alumni Magazine]] (Summer 1967), p. 3.
  
 ---- ----
oosting_gymnasium.1673274866.txt.gz · Last modified: 2023/01/09 14:34 by jliszka